So, you have your stretchy crochet chain done, right?
And you’re ready to start a new project?
Let’s get into it!
- OK, so this is what you have in your hands if you followed my Stretchy Chain Tutorial.
- The arrow in the image above is pointing to the hole where the last double crochet (US single crochet) of your stretchy chain was worked. It’s also where your hook is going to go to start off the first row of Tunisian Simple Stitch Fabric in this tutorial.
- This is what it looks like when your hook is in place.
- Yarn Over like you would for a regular TSS
- Draw Yarn Over through (1 TSS on hook).
- The arrow is pointing at the next hole along in your stretchy chain.
- As with the first TSS you made, insert hook in this hole.
- Yarn Over, draw through to made a second TSS on your hook.
- Note: There are three loops on your hook but only two TSS sts because the first loop was there from the beginning of the row.
- Repeat to end of row.
- Pick up a final loop in the chain st at the very end of your stretchy chain.
Remember, the return pass on a piece of Tunisian Crochet like this is:
YO, pull through 1 loop (to make a chain),
then YO and pull through 2 loops repeatedly, until 1 loop remains on hook.
- With a few more rows of TSS in place, the “rolled” edge of the stretchy chain becomes a subtle, but very beautiful feature.
And hey! No tight edge!
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Tell me in the comments below!
And hey, tell your friends too!
— PATTERNS THAT WOULD WORK GREAT WITH THIS TECHNIQUE —