The SLIP KNOT! It’s a rare crochet or knitting project that doesn’t begin with this versatile little knot. In this photo tutorial, I’m going to show you step by step how to make one.
Let’s get right into it!
- Hold the end of your yarn in one hand, and the ball end in the other.
- Fold yarn over itself so that the tail is on top.
- Poke two fingers through from underneath your yarn loop.
- Take hold of the ball end of your yarn with your fingers.
- Pull the yarn in your fingers through the loop, making a second loop.
- Gather up the tail & the ball end in one hand, and keep hold of the second loop in the other.
- Remove fingers and replace them with a hook or needle.
- Pulling the ball end will tighten the loop on your hook/needle.
- Make sure the loop is snug, but not too tight before you begin to crochet/knit.